One-Coat Application of Natural Oil Floor Finish:
Maintenance & Restoration
The oil finish can be cleaned with liquids once fully cured. Cleaning should only be done with the recommended Monocoat products.
Respect the curing period as note:
|Oil Plus & 2C Part A||21 days|
|Oil Plus 2C A & B||7 days|
|UV Oil||upon installation|
Prior to curing the finish can be dry mopped or vacuumed.
Once cured use one of the following cleaning products:
- Surface Care Spray: ready to use, non-residue cleaner.
- Natural Soap: concentrated version of Surface Care Spray.
The cleaning product that's right for your floor:
Restoration & Rejuvenation
Restoration or Rejuvenation is a simple process that can be carried out anytime. Most residences will do a restoration between 3–6 years. Most commercial applications will do a restoration between 1-3 years. The time frame varies greatly based on abrasion and wear.
The products for this process:
- Refresh: used to restore the texture of the finish.
- Universal Maintenance Oil: Protects and refreshes the color of oiled wooden surfaces and adds a soft satin luster to the floor surface.
Monocoat Natural Oil finish bonding technology allows local touch up of damaged areas or scratches
- Sand the repair area as needed to remove damage and expose raw wood.
- Dampen the area with water. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply with a cotton cloth, the same color oil that was used originally to coat the floor.
- Let it react for 10 minutes. Wipe the excess oil off with a cloth, dampened with Monocoat Oil.
For repairing minor scratches, follow the above instructions but skip sanding.